Patio Online Contest
The Patio Online Contest ("Contest") is sponsored by Home Outfitters, a division of Hudson's Bay Company ("Sponsor"). The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on March 4, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 2, 2011 ("Contest Period").
The Contest consists of three (3) separate monthly contest periods:
• The first monthly contest period begins at 12:00:01 AM ET on March 4, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on March 31, 2011 ("March Contest Period").
• The second monthly contest period begins at 12:00:01 AM ET on April 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2011 ("April Contest Period").
• The third monthly contest period begins at 12:00:01 AM ET on May 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 2, 2011 ("May Contest Period").
(the March Contest Period, the April Contest Period and the May Contest Period being collectively, the "Monthly Contest Periods").
There are three (3) grand prizes to be given away (each, a "Grand Prize"), one (1) Grand Prize for each Monthly Contest Period.
• The March Contest Period Grand Prize: a Home Studio Reilly eleven (11) piece sling dining set, including four (4) sling back chairs, two (2) adjustable back sling chairs, two (2) sling ottomans, one (1) side table, one (1) inlayed tempered glass table and one (1) 9 foot market umbrella. Total approximate retail value of the March Contest Period Grand Prize is $699.99.
• The April Contest Period Grand Prize: a GlucksteinHome Harbour eight (8) piece dining set, including six (6) chairs, one (1) table and one (1) umbrella. Total approximate retail value of the April Contest Period Grand Prize is $799.99.
• The May Contest Period Grand Prize: a GlucksteinHome Lowell sectional, including one (1) corner seat, one (1) left armchair, one (1) right armchair, one (1) arm-less couch and one (1) wicker coffee table with removable cushion for extra seating. Total approximate retail value of the May Contest Period Grand Prize is $999.99.
The Sponsor will arrange for each Grand Prize winner to visit a Home Outfitters location to pick up their prize. In the event a Grand Prize winner does not reside in a province or territory with a Home Outfitters location, the Sponsor will coordinate with the winner to arrange for delivery of the patio set.
The Grand Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or convertible to cash or credit and must be accepted as awarded. In the event a Grand Prize winner can not take delivery of the prize, Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have the obligation, to (a) substitute without liability a gift card of equal value or greater value; or (b) approve the transfer of the Grand Prize by the selected entrant to an individual of his/her choosing and who otherwise meets the eligibility requirements as set out below.
HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, go to www.homeoutfitters.com/patio, complete the online entry form, confirm compliance with the Official Rules by checking the appropriate box, and submit your entry. Limit one entry per person, per day. Only one e-mail address and account may be used to enter the Contest. Should duplicate entries be received, all such entries will be ineligible. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e. the person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domains associated with the submitted e-mail address). Should it be discovered that an entrant is using the aid of computer programs to auto-fill entries, that entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all such entrants from future contests conducted by the Sponsor without further notice.
Entries for the respective Monthly Contest Period must be received by no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on Thursday, March 31st, 2011; Saturday, April 30th, 2011; and Thursday, June 2nd, 2011. Entries are eligible only for the Monthly Contest Period in which they are submitted only and will not be eligible for subsequent Monthly Contest Periods. Sponsor takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, misdirected, delayed, or received after the applicable Monthly Contest Period. By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
To be eligible, you must be a resident of Canada and have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence as of the date that you entered the Contest. You are not eligible if, at any point during the Contest Period you are an employee, representative or agent of the Sponsor, its affiliates (including Zellers Inc.) or licensees, or you are a member of any such employee's immediate family (regardless of where they live) or a person with whom any such person is domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Rules, "immediate family" includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
At the end of each Monthly Contest Period a random draw will be held to determine the winner of the Grand Prize for the Monthly Contest Period.
• On April 8th, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 2:00 pm ET, one eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received during the March Contest Period.
• On May 10th, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 2:00 pm ET, one eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received during the April Contest Period.
• On June 10th, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 2:00 pm ET, one eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received during the May Contest Period.
The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Monthly Contest Period. The selected entrants for the Monthly Contest Periods will be contacted by telephone and/or e-mail, respectively, on April 13th, 2011 for the March Contest Period; May 13th, 2011 for the April Contest Period; and June 15th, 2011 for the May Contest Period. Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question; and (b) sign and return, within 14 business days of notification, the Sponsor's declaration and release form, confirming compliance with these Official Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing the Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, agents, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with this Contest, the selected entrant's participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize. If a selected entrant: (a) cannot be contacted by telephone and/or e-mail within seven (7) days of the applicable draw date; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question; (c) fails to return the Contest documents within the specified time, (d) declines the prize; or (e) otherwise fails to comply with the Official Rules, then the selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries for the applicable Monthly Contest Period. The process described above will continue until all of the prizes in the Contest have been awarded or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first.
Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates shall bear any responsibility or liability for: (a) entries which are lost, stolen, delayed, destroyed, or illegible, incomplete or otherwise improperly completed; (b) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or any combination thereof; (c) the loss, theft or misuse of a prize; or (d) any property damage, personal injury or misfortune in any way attributable to this Contest or a prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux ("Régie"), to withdraw or amend this Contest in any way in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, or the odds of winning. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor, with the consent of the Régie, reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind without prior notice or obligation.
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.